• Traditionalists will claim that box-cloth is the only true material. They are made of durable material, but don’t stretch very much when wearing them.
• Certain elastic braces can be suitable, when they are firm and retain their shape. I generally prefer firm elastic braces that have some give.
• There's also braided braces. These are bulky, like wearing two belts running down your shoulders, and appear uncomfortable.
• Pants or skirts may also have fabric braces, which are made from the same material as the bottoms. These could include denim material. Fabric doesn’t stretch very much, and so do not provide the necessary movement when wearing them. But they do make a good fashion statement!
Regardless of the material, the back strap of the braces is generally elastic. This is to provide stretch in the area it is most needed – the back half for bending over.
You may not want to get the super stretchy braces, like those shown below, unless you are planning to do some major stretching!
Or need to do some morning exercises!
- What brace materials do you prefer?